You can email Manhattan Mobile Notary and Apostille Service at: email@example.com, or by calling us at 917-693-3692 (for international calls, our WhatsApp number is +1-917-693-3692).
SERVICE UPDATE AND TEMPORARY REMOTE NOTARIZATIONS IN NY: We are providing 3 types of service during the Corona pandemic (The items in red text below. The black text is the regular part of our website for when things get back to normal):
1) For mobile notarizations, we are providing mobile notary housecall and officecall service within your lobby or right outside your building within a zone either between Houston St. and 34th St. and First Avenue and Sixth Avenue or from 56th St. to 92th St. between Seventh and Ninth Ave. or Central Park West and Riverside Blvd. on the Upper West Side.
We would typically want to print your document in advance, where we would pre-stamp the notary section. You would need to bring photo ID, a clipboard or book to write on (if you don’t have a lobby counter) and a pen. By appointment, between 11:00 am and 7 pm. in the first zone on the Eastside and 9:30 am and 3:30 pm for the second zone on the Westside.
The notary will wear a mask and gloves and we would appreciate the same for you. We will keep a 8-10′ distance between us and will approach the signing area one at a time. (Fees are listed under Pricing and Payment at top of homepage of this site or by clicking here.)
2) For those who of you outside the zone mentioned above and who live within NY State, we are able to provide remote notary services by confirming the signer’s identity and viewing the document signing by remote video chat (at least until June 6, 2020, per a NY State Remote Notarization Executive Order). Details are listed below in the instruction section. Please be aware that it requires printing and scanning/fax/phone photo of the document by the signer and notary and, possibly FedExing the original signed document back and forth (if required by your receiving authority). But the NY Executive order is considered the current law and it stipulates that the scanned version should be legal/acceptable at this time if notarized on or before June 6, 2020. We have been able to successfully notarize a good number of documents during this time with this electronic-only method. Please see our pricing here).
3) We can certify copies of original IDs or utility bills (for proof of address) as a “true copy” on a limited basis, through a local NY attorney. The attorney can drive up to your location within a specific zone: Wall Street to 86th St and First Avenue to 8th Ave. to perform the certification. Note: NY Notaries are not authorized by law to certify copies. You can call or email us (see phone number and email address above) about setting up an appointment and to go over the logistics and fees.
Fees for certifying a copy are provided under our Pricing & Payment section. If you are trying to get your passport, driver’s license or utility bill certified as a true copy, you would need to send us a scanned version of either the 2-page photo and signature spread of your passport or the front (the back, only if required) of the driver’s license as separate scans or the first page of a utility bill, high-resolution (more than 400k), preferably JPEG, TIFF or PNG file. PDF files can also be used but we would have to confirm that we can import it properly upon receipt.
We are currently not able to provide NY Apostille service at this time as the NY government offices that authenticate our notarizations and issue the apostilles as part of the 2-step government process have been closed as of March 16th, 2020 with no opening date noted on their website.
Video, Scanning and Emailing Remote Notary Instructions:(possibly requiring shipping of original for notarization)
PHASE 1 (Mandatory):
Manhattan Mobile Notary & Apostille Service is the New York City authority on notarizing your important documents and obtaining any required NY State Apostilles for your foreign-bound documents (please also see below for certifying copies of documents as a true copy by an attorney and the pricing on our Pricing page).
We are the original Manhattan Mobile Notary (formerly “Mike’s Manhattan Mobile Notary”) and we pride ourselves on the experience, expertise and unmatched reliability we bring to our clients, all at a reasonable rate (click here: Pricing and Payment section for details). Our Manhattan-based mobile notaries professionally notarize the full spectrum of corporate and personal documents and, in addition to obtaining NY Apostilles for notarized documents being used in other countries, we can obtain California and US Apostilles and Certifications, as well as Delaware Apostilles and Certifications of Delaware corporate documents.
For our notary and apostille service, we will travel to you…your home, apartment lobby, office, nearby cafe or FedEx facility in Manhattan…from the Financial District and Soho to Greenwich Village and Gramercy Park and from Midtown East and Midtown West to the Upper East Side and Upper West Side…from 10001, 10002, and 10003 to 10010, 10011 and 10012, to 10021, 10022, and 10023, as well as many other nearby Manhattan neighborhoods and ZIP codes.
We have provided New York, NY with knowledgeable New York State-licensed traveling notaries commissioned in New York County (Manhattan), Monday through Sunday, for over 16 years.
We provide in-depth experience notarizing every type of corporate and personal document…from affidavits, corporate agreements and commercial office leases to consent forms, power-of-attorney documents and prenup agreements…plus trusts, will affidavits and other estate planning documents.
We provide notarizations and apostille services for individuals and for corporate clients (from ABC to ZocDocs) and obtain NY apostilles for long-form NYC birth certificates, death certificates and extended marriage certificates and NY State Certificate of Incorporation documents, as well as power-of-attorney documents and self-attesting statements about your ID and proof of address copies (see our FAQ section for notarizing ID copies at the top of this homepage or click here). We prefer to perform the notarizations ourselves for apostille documents whenever possible as they are heavily scrutinized by the County Clerk.
A FEW DOCUMENTS WE CANNOT NOTARIZE:
- I-9 Forms (it requires that we sign a statement that we are not authorized to sign)
- Just the signature page of a document without the rest of the document present.
- Documents that have incomplete sections, blank spaces or blank lines anywhere above your signature area that are not marked as a separate “Office Use Only” section, crossed out or filled in with N/A. We are notarizing you signing a statement of some kind, so the statement cannot be incomplete (even though someone has assured you that they can “fill it in later” and “we’ve done it this way for years.”)
For clients requiring a NY apostille (the NY government’s certification of the signatures of certain types of documents being used in other, apostille-member countries), we can also meet at our Manhattan office at 234 Fifth Avenue (at 27th St.) to start the process for Apostille projects (Apostille office visits by appointment only. Walk-ins or notary-only appointments are not available. Please do not ship documents to this address as we have a separate shipping address).
Check the NY Apostilles link at the top of this page for information about the NY Apostille process (or click here) and see how you can take advantage of our in-depth experience obtaining apostilles for ALL apostille countries across the globe…from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and the Dominican Republic to France, Italy, Russia and South Korea, and everywhere in between.
DOCUMENT REVIEW: It is always safest if we can at least see the unsigned signature/title (if applicable)/printed name area and notary section of the document by email to see what we’re dealing with before we arrive. We find a large number of errors in the signature area and notary statement (or see no notary statement*), inconsistencies in the spelling of names, as well as extra signature lines for third party witnesses and inadequate spacing for our notary stamps or information being inserted.
*Documents being notarized require a “notary acknowledgment” or “notary jurat” under or next to the unsigned signature area…or you or the receiving authority would need to advise us on which NY notary statement to add to your document in the white space or as an attached page.
PRICING: Click on the Pricing & Payment tab at the top left corner of this homepage for notary and apostille fees and payment methods (or here) and the Coverage and Hours section at the bottom of the page for details about the areas we provide NYC notary and apostille services. For foreign-bound documents, you’ll find information regarding our NY apostille service at the Apostille tab.
REQUIREMENTS: It is also important that you take a couple of minutes to click on the Requirements tab at the top of this page (or here) and review the applicable areas before we set up an appointment. We may want to quickly go over the document title and certain parts of the document before the document or the unsigned signature page/notary section is emailed/texted to us to review (preferably with the complete document in front of you) to confirm some of the details and make sure we can assist you.
PRINTING: If you give us a little notice (either the day before, early enough before we are on the road or enough time to stop at a FedEx/Kinkos or Staples), we can also print your documents for you. See Pricing Section.
KEY DETAILS: When communicating your project details, we will eventually need your name, phone number, address (with company name, suite or apartment number), notarization details (especially the number of signers and number of notarizations per signer in total), and requested or required time window or deadline.
NOTE: Please note that whoever is being notarized must bepresent with a valid photo ID and, in most cases, needs to sign in front of the notary as well. Some types of NYC notarizations allow the signer(s) to sign in advance, but they still need to be present.
RESTRICTIONS: The notary needs to establish that the person being notarized understands what he or she is signing and we cannot notarize anyone with dementia or Alzheimer’s. The notary also needs to be able to communicate with the signer directly (without a translator). In addition, if there is a “witness” signature line included on your document (possibly requiring a witness separate from the notary), please be sure to mention that to us (and to check with the person who sent you the document whether the notary can be a witness. If we are notarizing the witness, we definitely cannot be one of the witnesses).
OBTAINING CERTIFIED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FOR YOU:
The first step in this process is to get a Third Party Authorization Letter (click her to obtain) filled out (dated at top with same day as notarization), signed by you and notarized so we can obtain the certified marriage certificate on your behalf. We would need to provide you with the names you would be authorizing before you sign the letter in front of the notary. You can have us meet you at the location of your choice in Manhattan to notarize you or you can have a notary in your area do it. If doing it with a notary in your area, we would need to see the notarized letter by email before you send it to us as a large percentage are done incorrectly. It is usually safer to have us notarize the letter since we know what has to be done to be accepted. Please see our notary fees at top of this page. Sidenote: We once had a client get somewhat insulted by having to show us the final notarized letter as “he knew how to get a document notarized,” but the notary actually wrote in his notary commission expiration date as the date of the notarization, so it had to be re-notarized by us. We will also need you to send us a clear photocopy or photo of your original non-certified marriage certificate by email or with the original notarized authorization letter to use for filling out the details of your marriage on the certified marriage certificate application. We will provide you with a special delivery address to send any documents to once everything has been approved.
THE TYPES OF DOCUMENTS WE FREQUENTLY NOTARIZE OR OBTAIN NY APOSTILLES FOR:
- Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Copies of Documents (Alternative Self-Attesting Method to “Certifying a Copy” Used in NY and most other US states…please see our FAQ section)
- Court Documents
- Divorce, Prenup and Postnup Agreements, and Separation Agreements
- Education Documents (including diplomas and transcripts)
- Hospital Signings in Manhattan, including Beth Israel Medical Center, Roosevelt Hospital, NYU-Langone, and NY Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- International Adoption Dossiers
- Loan Documents for Companies and home seller documents (printed)
- Parental Consent for Minor’s Passport Application (Form 3053)
- Power-of-Attorney Documents
- Quit-Claim Deeds and other Real Estate Documents (Note: Due to major differences in the notary laws between NY and Georgia, we cannot notarize real-estate documents from Georgia)
- Registration Statements for Charitable Organizations
- Travel Consent Letters
- Will Affidavits
HISTORY AND COVERAGE AREA: We have been offering New York mobile notary and apostille services since 2003 and proudly serve the following Manhattan NY neighborhoods: Alphabet City, Carnegie Hill, Chelsea, Chinatown, Clinton, the East Village, the Garment District, Gramercy Park, Harlem, Hell’s Kitchen, Kips Bay, Lincoln Square, Lenox Hill, Little Italy, the Lower East Side, the Meatpacking District, Morningside Heights, Murray Hill, Soho, Tudor City, Turtle Bay, Union Square, the Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Wall St. and Yorkville. We also make our way to a multitude of Manhattan zip codes while offering our NYC traveling notary and apostille service: 10001, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007, 10009, 10010, 10011, 10012, 10013, 10014, 10016, 10017, 10018, 10019, 10020, 10021, 10022, 10023, 10024, 10025, 10026, 10028, 10036, 10038, 10048, 10105, 10279, 10165, 10168, 10055, 10155, 10162, 10118, 10128, 10176, 10111, 10103, 10153, 10170, 10174, 10166, 10169, 10167, 10177, 10172, 10171, 10154, 10152, 10270, 10112, 10155, 10122, 10278, 10175, 10151, 10173, 10119, 10121, 10115, 10123, 10106, 10158, 10041, and 10120.
We provide New York apostilles for the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, FYR of Macedonia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (China), Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tonga, Trinidad, Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu and Venezuela.